Michael R. Hance
Michael Hance has been helping people whose lives have been changed by the negligence of others since 1980. Michael is recognized by his peers and the legal profession for his work in personal injury law. He has been named among Kentucky Super Lawyers and has received the Martindale-Hubbell rating of "A-V" since the mid-1980s. Michael also has been selected for the Million Dollar Advocates Forum." Most recently, he was awarded the 2011 Peter Perlman Outstanding Trial Lawyer award. This annual award was voted on by his peers from all across Kentucky.
Michael is admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court, Supreme Court of Kentucky, U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, and U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit.
Michael maintains a focused professional development path and attends numerous conferences, seminar and presentations that relate to personal injury law updates and trial skill enhancements. He has lectured frequently at the Brandeis School of Law University on trial practice and at Bellarmine University School of Nursing on courtroom procedure. A graduate of the University of Louisville, Michael holds a Juris Doctorate degree from the Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, 1980.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Juris Doctorate - 1980
- University of Louisville
- Lecturer, Trial Practice, Brandeis School of Law University
Honors and Awards
- 2011 Peter Perlman Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award
- Martindale-Hubbell rating of "A-V"
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Justice Association, Treasurer, 2005
- Kentucky Justice Association, Secretary, 2006
- Kentucky Justice Association, Vice-President, 2007
- Kentucky Justice Association, President, 2008
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Bar Foundation, Past President